Over indulge this weekend? Let’s hit refresh.
There is a difference between feeling guilty for having an extra slice of pie and wanting to make better decisions for your body the next day. Feeling guilty, restricting your calories or working out “extra-hard” to compensate for your indugance can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food. Making the decision to fuel your body the following day with healthier options to make you feel better, on the other hand, is an excellent way to brush off yesterday and move forward.
This smoothie recipe is perfect to detoxify your body, especially after it has digested refined and processed ingredients you may not be used to having. This green smoothie aids in digestion and detoxifying the liver. It will help recharge your energy and boost your system. How? Here are the key ingredients:
1. Green tea: high in antioxidants and known to boost metabolism
2. Cilantro: anti-inflamatory and helps rid heavy metals from the body
3. Cucumber: high in phytonutrients that are anti-inflamatory, antioxidants and cancer fighting
4. Ginger:eases digestion
5. Pineapple: high in vitamin C
6. Avocado: high in fiber and healthy fats
7. Lemon: natural dieretic that has cleansing and detoxifying properties
8. Raw honey: has antibacterial and antiviral properties
- 1 cup green tea, chilled
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed organic baby kale (or another baby green)
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup pineapple
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ avocado
- honey to taste
Blend until smooth and enjoy.